Most of us like politics news because it gives us knowledge of what is happening in the world. Indian politics change the shape of the world. This post updates you with top five politics news of September 2017.
- Rajiv Mehrishi, former home secretary today took over as the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India. The oath was administered by President Kovind and this ceremony took place in RashtrapatiBhavanwhich was attended by dignitaries like VP Venkaiah Naidu, PM Modi. Mehrishibecomes the successor toShashi Kant Sharma who was selected in 2013. As short news, Mehrishi is a former IAS officer of the Rajasthan Cadre and he possesses Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (UK) and Master of Arts (MA) and Bachelor of Arts (BA) degrees from Delhi University. He also completed his 2 year term as home secretary last month.
- As a big setback, Mukul Roy expelled from TMC (Trinamool Congress). MukulRoy revealed that he would quit TMC after Durga Puja. The Trinamool Congress leader ParthaChatterjeeafter listening Mulkul’s announcement expelled from the party for six years. WB BJP president DilipGhoshreportedly confirmed that Roy’s decision to quit TMC was due to his repeatedly being in touch with BJP’s senior leaders and he also added that he will explain everything after 5 days. Roy was earlier also removed from the post of the party’s in-charge of Tripura. Although, removal from the TMC is a great setback for TMC according to the news sources.
- US Defence Secretary Jim Mattisis ready to visit India next week for two days to meet PM Modi. This visit will be his first cabinet-level official visit to India which was supervised under the Donald Trump, President of US. His Indian counterpart NirmalaSitharamanis also ready to discuss Washington & New Delhi tactical relationship. According to Mattis, US considers India as a treasured and powerful partner. This will be his two-day visit starting from September 26. It is reported that he will participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at the India Gate, and meet the prime minister and MsSitharaman.
- Former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif reportedly resigned from his post after the Supreme Court banned him from carrying out to work in his office. He is given the charges of fraudulence and court ordered to file bribery cases against his immediate family members. As a result, the bank accounts of Sharif and his children are frozen by the Pakistan’s top anti-graft committee. The properties belonging to Sharif and his family also held by the court.
- China is all set to change his policies against North Korea by limiting oil exports from Oct. 1 and banning textile imports from the North Korea. It does so because of United Nations which adopted a strong distress against North Korea. This move by China also came to put stress on North Korea over its nuclear and ballistic missile programs. Chinathinks that it is a major trade partner and this prohibition will majorly affect North Korea’s income.
Check out today’s news headlines in Hindi or English to remain updated with the latest political events happening in and outside the country.