With the rise of health consciousness and environmental awareness, the popularity of organic foods has grown exponentially around the globe. Even nutritional experts and doctors have started advocating for the increased consumption of fresh organic fruits, vegetables, meats and other products.
What Make Food Organic?
Most people struggle to understand the concepts behind organic food, but simply put, it involves a 100% natural growth and production process, avoiding the use of chemicals, antibiotics or genetic modification. Organic food grows quite naturally and can avoid a lot of the harmful side effects associated with chemicals and other interference.
One aspect of organic food that some people might forget though is that it does have a shorter shelf life, due to the lack of chemical or genetic interference. Because of this, they are prone to rotting and not being fit for consumption. In this instance, it is critical to use environmentally-friendly food storage solutions like a beeswax food wrap to keep your organic foods as fresh as possible, for as long as possible.
The Benefits of Organic Food
One of the reasons for organic food’s rise in popularity is the wealth of benefits associated with continued consumption of these products. Quite noticeably, it’s easy to see significant changes in your body’s general health, due to the following benefits:
- They Have A Lot Of Antioxidant Properties – You will be surprised to know that organic foods have 69% more antioxidant properties than conventional foods. As there no harmful chemical used while producing organic foods, the antioxidant properties stay intact and give users a lot of benefits. Adding adequate amount of antioxidants to your daily diet makes your body stronger.
- They Have More Nutrients – Another amazing benefit of eating these organic fruits and vegetables is that they contain a lot of nutrients as compared to those that undergo a conventional method of production. According to a research, produce such as organic berries and corns have 52% more vitamins than the non-organic varieties.
- They Can Improve Your Immunity – Regular use of organic foods can help your immunity get better over time. It helps your body to become more resistant to diseases and factors that can make you prone to diseases.
- They Taste Much Better – As the use of chemicals in their production is non-existent, organic produce taste better and more flavourful. Once you form a habit of eating organic fruits and vegetables, you won’t be able to switch to the conventional ones anymore.
- You Get to Eat Various Seasonal Products – Conventional foods are produced throughout the year. But organic foods are seasonal and you get to eat various seasonal products. Above all, they also have a lot of options and varieties available like green garlic, quail eggs, purple cauliflower and muchothers.
Organic foods have a lot of benefits, but in order to keep their freshness intact, you should use sustainable wraps, like a beeswax food wrapfor covering them before being stored. Swear by organic products and say no to chemically-enhance or genetically modified foods to keep your health and body in good shape.