An experience that can be added to the list of travel is Karnataka that is filled with its majestic views and famous specialities like the silks, spices and sandalwood. From wildlife, national parks to tourism heritage sites everything is worth watching. Another focal point which cannot be forgotten is the beaches there.
Karnataka being located in the Southern part of our country is also known for its nightlife and lifestyle.
Best tourist spots in Karnataka-
- Bangalore- Being the capital of the State it got its name from the word “Benda Kalluru” which denotes the land of boiled beans. Earlier being evolved as the Garden city it has now been renamed as the Silicon Valley of India. Bengaluru is the third largest and one of the most livable cities in India. The city is booming with jobs for young professionals, especially IT sector. There are many places to see in Banglore from the Bannerghata National park, Bangalore palace and yes one cannot forget to stroll at the famous MG road.
- Mysore- The second largest city Mysore is another major tourist attraction in Karnataka. The place is scattered all around the plantations and jungles teeming with diverse wildlife where it has Asia’s largest population of elephants. Knowing more ahead about Mysore ahead, it is renowned for several historical monuments built by Hoyasala kings. They built exquisitely and several standing as well as dilapidated temples located in Belur, Halebidu and to that period of Hoyasala cultural dominance and artistic flair. Shopping of Mysore silk saree can also be not forgotten.
- Bandipur National Park- The wildlife lovers must visit the famous Bandipur Park which is 80 Kms from Mysore. The park is spread across 874 Sq. Kms and is famous for its Nilgiri Biosphere reserve. This place was said to be the famous game reserve for the maharaja’s of Mysore.
- Hampi- The state of Karnataka is also known as for its history and heritage sights that are not only known in India but all across the world. Hampi which is an ancient village lies on the bank of river Tungabhadra which is also registered in the UNESCO world heritage sites. This place is also known as by the name of Pampa-kshetra, Kishkindha-kshetra or Bhaskara-kshetra, which is derived from Pampa, the old name of the Tungabhadra River.
- Jog falls- Being the second-highest plunge waterfall of India, the magnificent Jog falls are a major tourist attraction in Karnataka. The spellbinding view of the waterfall creates a truly mesmerizing experience. This Jog fall is located on the border of Shimoga and Uttara Kannada districts of Karnataka are also known as Gerosappa Falls. The color of water and the greenery around make it look more beautiful.
Karnataka is a place which should be visited once as there are many tourist attraction places nearby the area. Not only this one can stay at hotels near Karnataka high court and visit the nearby famous places like the Indira Gandhi musical fountains, National Military memorial, UB city from the point of shopping and many more places of beauty and historical background.